Winter is here, and with it comes amazing opportunities for cultural exchange! What may seem normal to host families could be an exciting new experience for au pairs. Here’s a list of activities to share with your au pair over the next few months. Share yours with us on Instagram!
- Cut down a Christmas tree and decorate it together.
- Cook and savor a traditional Thanksgiving meal.
- Go shopping on Black Friday
- Watch holiday themed-movies, like on Lifetime, Netflix, or Hallmark.
- Attend local holiday events like tree lightings, parades, festivals, or fairs.
- Prepare your classic family holiday dishes, and ask your au pair to share theirs.
- Bake cookies.
- Sport matching pajamas.
- Watch American football, and don’t forget to go to a Superbowl party!
- Cozy up in front of the fire as a family.
- Volunteer in your community with your children and au pair.
- Video chat with your au pair’s family in their home country.
- Play outside – snow angels, anyone?
- Check-in with your Local Coordinator to see what they have planned for the monthly au pair events.
We hope you make the most of this winter with your au pair!
Leave a Comment